12039 – Commercial Finance Analyst Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – a highly successful organisation based in Loughborough – is seeking an experienced finance analyst to assist their commercial & finance teams on a full-time permanent / temporary-2-permanent basis.
You will deliver value adding analysis to drive revenue & profit margin. The position will have the key responsibility to ensure accuracy of standard cost, margin reporting & value adding analytics. You will also produce financial models to assess new opportunities & work with commercial leaders during the annual price renewal process.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the sales force with accurate, commercially-focused reporting on sales performance, margins, forecasting & product profitability,
- Profitability assessment of business proposals incl. development of pricing / costing models to support business proformas for a customer segment,
- Provide financial support to the sales team in making profitability decisions on customer projects,
- Play a key role in the annual price renewal process, ensuring the business maximises price performance whilst complying with customer contracts,
- Work internally to implement pricing / financial terms for customer contracts, ensuring contract compliance incl. modelling for annual contract price renewals,
- Production of customer facing reports to monitor contractual obligations such as savings commitments & incentives,
- Any related adhoc duties, as required.
The Right Person
- This role is to start ASAP, so we are ideally seeking immediately available candidates… but our client has said they would wait for the right person on notice,
- Part OR fully-qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, or qualified by experience in accountancy or a related commercially focused discipline
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in line with the duties listed above, competent in understanding business & financial modelling, analyzing potential profitability of business proposals,
- Ability to follow departmental procedures relating to financial modelling and analysis. The individual must be able to work as both part of a team, across functions and on their own initiative, be flexible and to review current practices with the target of improving the department to achieve modern best practices.
- Strong commercial awareness, able to interrogate data to understand key drivers,
- Knowledge of SQL database management would be an advantage.
- An exceptional attention to detail, highly analytical, able to proactively identify & resolve issues,
- Someone who contributes ideas, disagrees tactfully, shares success & actively listens,
- Communicate & work effectively with colleagues & clients at all levels to accomplish targets & business goals,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word to an advanced standard.
- Appointment Type: Permanent / Temporary-2-Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time (early Friday finish)
- Holiday 23 Days + Bank Holidays
- Partial remote working may be considered after induction / probationary period
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12039) on 0116 254 9404.