Our client a successful well know organisation based in Leicester is looking to recruit a Full Time Permanent Communications and Marketing Team Manager to lead a small team of Marketing Executives and develop the marketing strategy for the organisation.
We are seeking an experienced Communications and Marketing professional with established experience across the marketing and communications spectrum and a strong background in team management.
Leading the strategic development in communications and marketing, you will work with the organisations Executive Team to plan, manage and deliver a comprehensive and extensive range of communications, marketing and PR activities and projects, helping to strengthen our clients brand, profile, services and media presence.
You will manage a small experienced team of Communications Development Officers who work with their allocated internal customer base as communications partners and technical specialists delivering external and internal communications activities and marketing, including events, digital and social media activity, brand and website development and engagement. A key challenge for this role is to manage and strengthen cross organisational relationships and management skills are therefore essential.
You will need exceptional influencing and networking skills and will have proven experience in developing a communications and marketing strategy from scratch to achieve measurable results.
As Part of the organisations Management Team, you will play a leading role in helping develop and grow our business and income, whilst strengthening our brand and stakeholder engagement by building strong relationships internally and externally.
Marketing & Communication's
* Develop the strategic direction for the organisation
* Develop and deliver a communications and marketing plan
* Ensure the organisation delivers a broad spectrum of effective communications and marketing support
* Manage the annual operational communications, PR and marketing programme to raise awareness of the organisation
* Lead and support the delivery of sales and income generation campaigns
* Work with Managers to ensure that the communications and marketing needs are identified, scoped, planned, developed and delivered
* Structure, implement and manage internal and external communications campaigns
* Development of online and Social Media profile and presence (including website)
* Proactively seek and secure media coverage for the organisation, developing on-going relationships with press and media.
* Undertake timely evaluation of communications and marketing activities and events.
* Lead on the creation of promotional materials/events
* Provide support and management to the Communications and Marketing team
* Ensure team members are aware of standards of performance, both in service delivery and team performance. Motivate and inspire team members.
* Support staff to work collaboratively across the organisation. Develop and implement mentoring, colleague and peer learning and other development learning opportunities to support staff to share and gain knowledge and skills.
* Develop and implement staffing and resourcing proposals
* Recruit, support and manage staff teams
* Actively promote and support organisations values - leading by example
* Undertake all aspects of line management responsibility including supervision, development and appraisals for teams.
* Implementation of data protection policies and procedures
* Ensure Health and Safety of staff, volunteers and service users
* Actively participate and contribute to Board meetings
* Deputise for other Manager(s) as required.
* Established experience of managing corporate communications activity as a Senior lead including developing communications and marketing strategy
* Excellent project management skills, including planning and execution of a range of projects
* Ability to lead and inspire a small team.
* Broad and thorough understanding of integrated marketing campaign planning and delivery including digital
* Creative skills to be able to produce strong and powerful creative whilst delivering against a strategic brief
* A thorough understanding of current legislation (particularly data protection, advertising, media and intellectual property law) and best practice to ensure all activity is fully compliant
* Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
* Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills
* Strong experience in website development and social media to enhance marketing and communications efforts, including knowledge and understanding of website SEO and analytics.
* Ability to get results in a resource constrained environment.
* Organised and comfortable managing multiple projects at one time and controlling budgets.
This is a great opportunity to work for a sector leading, diverse and ambitious organisation, with a vision for growth. The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary, a flexible and supportive working environment, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a 6% employer pension contribution.
If you - or someone you might know - are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or contact Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12022)