11827 – Company Accountant / Bookkeeper (Part-Time) Job Spec
Our Client – an established design consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking a skilled accountant / bookkeeper to manage the firm’s finance and payroll function on a part-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records by recording the day-to-day financial transactions of the company.
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50 payroll to process monthly payroll,
- Allocating & posting of financial & bank transactions from cashbook,
- Calculation & preparation of tax / VAT payments,
- Verify source documents such as invoices & receipts etc,
- Month-end journal posting,
- Involvement in cashflow,
- Running & maintenance of fixed asset register,
- Accounts payable and receivable duties,
- Raising financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet),
- Maintaining internal control systems,
- Assist with audits & budget preparation.
The Right Person
- Essential: min. AAT-qualified, part or fully-qualified ACCA, CIMA or equivalent,
- Demonstrable accounting / bookkeeping experience within an SME environment, with solid knowledge of the latest accounts & payroll principles & procedures,
- Systems: Proficient with SAGE 50 & SAGE Payroll. Experience using SAGE Business Cloud would be advantageous,
- Up-to-date knowledge of legislation & regulatory requirements,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 full-time equivalent (subject to experience)
- Hours: Part-Time (circa 15-20hrs per week spread over 4-5 weekdays)
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11827) on 0116 254 9404.