11697 – Company Accountant Job Spec
Our Client – a SME Group of Companies operating across the East Midlands in the construction and leisure sectors – is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper / Accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
- Monthly management accounts,
- Overseeing purchase & sales ledger function,
- Processing of payments & receipts,
- Bank reconciliations,
- Maintaining Journals,
- Accruals & Pre-Payments,
- Accounts to trial balance,
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation,
- Depreciation, fixed assets & other general journals,
- Cash management,
- Preparation of VAT returns,
- Annual accounts & liaison with external Auditors.
- Managing CIS “Construction Industry Scheme”
Reporting to: Managing Director
The Right Person
Our Client is seeking someone who is able to work and communicate clearly between both finance and non-finance colleagues, possessing a flexible, “can-do” attitude in their approach.
We’re looking for a proven Bookkeeper / Accountant with experience within the construction / property development sector. As a bonus, candidates with experience in the leisure / hospitality sector would be preferred.
The role is very hands-on, so it is essential that you can plan & structure your own workload and support colleagues to meet weekly, monthly & quarterly deadlines. Ideally part or full-qualified ACCA or CIMA, and AAT qualified. Experience & knowledge of VAT and CIS is preferred, and you must be a proficient used of MS Excel and Sage 50.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess excellent planning, organisation, time keeping and communication skills… a strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical. Be proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time, 36.5hrs per week
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Pension, Discounts, Free On-Site Parking
If you’re interested & think you’re suitable for this opportunity, please apply online OR call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11697) on 0116 254 9404.