- Job Reference: 11279
- Date Posted: 17 October 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Oakham
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension, Healthcare
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Company Accountant £40-45,000
We have a great opportunity for a Company Accountant to join a dynamic and exciting company and help shape the future of the business.
Our client is an established manufacturing business, based in a beautiful location in Uppingham, Rutland, with deep roots in its local community. The successful and ambitious company are looking to recruit an experienced & hands-on accountant to join its' organisation on a permanent basis, with excellent opportunities for progression.
As Company Accountant, your role will involve the following;
* Working closely with the Directors and the Group Accountant, you will lead a small team and assisting in the preparation of financial statements, quarterly and annual accounts, budgets and forecasts.
* You will be responsible for overseeing the annual audit and conducting ad-hoc project work together with special projects to evolve and improve financial processes.
* Preparing the monthly management accounts for four subsidiary businesses and managing a small team.
*Enter Cash Receipts on a daily basis.
* Royalty Reports on a quarterly basis.
* Download PayPal receipts and enter.
* Manage expense claims.
* Analysis of overheads.
* Reconciling internet sales to orders and credit card receipts and PayPal receipts.
* Bank reconciliations.
* VAT returns.
This is a great opportunity for this role to progress further with the scope to lead to the position of Group Accountant within the next 2 years.
The company is looking for:
* A strong communicator, who is able to show leadership and coaching ability to support the development of the wider team
* A "can do" attitude, with an ability to see through complexity and offer solutions.
* Qualified accountant preferable (CIMA or ACCA or ACA), but not essential.
* Solid Excel skills are a must with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of Navision would be advantageous but not essential.
* Pension, Healthcare, 23 days Holidays + Statutory Days
* Hours 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 8am-4pm
* Salary £40-£45,000
For further information on this fabulous opportunity, please contact us on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.