12062 – Corporate Tax Manager Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Due to the growth of the department and the company’s focus on increasing market share in the corporate tax sector, our client – a highly respected firm of chartered accountants based in Leicester – are seeking a bright, enthusiastic tax specialist to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
This is a tax advisory & compliance role, working collaboratively on corporate restructures, research & development tax relief claims, employee share incentive schemes, EIS/Seed EIS investments, capital allowances, succession planning, international tax issues, M&A & due diligence.
We are open to different levels of experience – ideally be CTA-qualified ACA, ACCA or AAT (or qualified by experience) – and our client will consider ambitious Assistant Managers / Managers looking to make their next exciting move in their career.
This is a great opportunity to work on interesting, complex work to support professional development. Our client boasts a strong team who values each member, with a track-record of supporting individuals to develop skills together with providing freedom to achieve personal and business goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of clients, ensuring assignments are effectively managed incl. annual compliance process as well as advice in relation to other tax matters,
- Supporting & potentially leading on advisory work / tax planning opportunities, incl. technical analysis, report writing, clearance applications & implementation,
- Participate in client meetings, manage client expectations by ensuring they are always kept up-to-date and understand all of the work produced,
- Managing workflow of the compliance function across the firm, liaising with audit & accounts managers,
- Preparation of research & development tax claims, assisting clients to identify qualifying projects & submission to HMRC,
- Dealing with HMRC compliance checks, Code 8 & Code 9 enquiries, managing HMRC investigators,
- Working alongside tax partners / client team (supporting with personal tax, IHT, wills & probate services.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12062) on 0116 254 9404.