Credit and Accounts Team Leader
- Job Reference: 11537
- Date Posted: 17 February 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £26,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
My client, a leading organisation within the business service sector is recruiting for an Account Team Leader Credit and Surety.
With a location of North Leicestershire, easily commutable from the East Midlands.
Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience.
* To oversee all Finance functions of the Credit and Surety division, ensuring they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Identify by periodical reviews, procedural shortfalls, and implement innovative and robust procedures to increase the efficiency of the team and its processes.
* Ensure month end reconciliation deadlines are met, in respect of source, bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Oversee regular credit control actions in relation to Surety, Deputy Bonds and Trade Credit, reducing aged debt.
* Investigate Unallocated Cash and implement procedures to ensure the proactive allocation of funds in a timely manner.
* Contribute towards the Policy Administration System implementation project, offering insight.
* Ensure all procedural documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
* Any other work as required.
* Motivate a team of 6, and lead from the front, providing guidance and coaching.
Must have Team Leader Experience.
* Ensure the team is properly trained and have the skills necessary to perform their tasks - highlight training as required.
* Ensure the responsibilities of the team are protected against absence, through training of secondary responsibility holders.
* Conduct regular one to ones, team meetings and appraisals.
* Accounting technical knowledge
* Experience of the insurance industry
* Sound knowledge of double entry accounting and journals
* Sound knowledge of reconciliation process
* Experience of DD processes and requirements
* Experience of Credit Control
* Good leadership and motivational skills
* Problem solving ability
* Good communication skills