11756 – Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Job Spec
Location: Leicester / Remote Working
Our Client – a renowned organisation based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Clerk to join their finance team on a full-time permanent / temp-2-perm basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for accurately allocating & maintaining client accounts.
- Reconcile / allocate payments as per KPI’s,
- Liaise with clients to ensure outstanding queries are resolved,
- Ensure debit notes are issued on all outstanding queries within 3 months,
- Ensure no aged debt over 18 months,
- Ensure post is dealt with on a daily basis,
- Have no manual deductions (invoices without known queries) over 90 days,
- Be proactive in the suggestion of improvements to working practices,
- In conjunction with the Allocations & Credit Control Manager, ensure that all regulatory requirements are met in an accurate / timely fashion,
- You will be expected to foster productive working relationships with colleagues, as well as developing / maintaining a good rapport with suppliers at all times,
- Any other related adhoc duties.
The Right Person
- A demonstrable background in a high-volume sales ledger / credit control environment,
- GCSE incl. Maths & English Grade A-C
- Part-Qualified AAT or equivalent would be an advantage,
- Strong IT skills, proficient with MS Excel & Adobe,
- Proactive & able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision. Able to work effectively alongside a dynamic, fast-moving accounting team within a large organisation,
- Be a pleasant, confident & effective communicator with clients & staff,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent / Temp-2-Perm
- Salary: £21,000 per annum
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- 5% ERs / 5% EEs Pension
- The role is predominantly home-based (particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic), but you will on occasion be expected to go into the office on an adhoc basis.
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11756) on 0116 254 9404.