11882 – Credit Controller Job Spec
Location: Leicester / Hybrid Remote Working
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Credit Controller to join the finance team of a respected organisation based in Leicester on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist at month-end with collection of accounts due, targeting key clients to obtain payment or reasons for non-payment of overdue invoices,
- Liaise with clients in order to mediate queries, ensuring monthly processing deadlines are met as required,
- Credit vetting prospective new clients,
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity performed at month-end / reporting of overdue balances to Senior Management,
- Contacting clients to ensure full year-end accounts are received in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy,
- Pro-actively contacting clients to confirm high-value invoices – once raised – will be paid when due,
- Uploading financial statements into credit management system for management to review / make decisions on credit limits.
The Right Person
- Experience in a corporate credit control environment is essential,
- Effective communication skills, confident & assertive phone manner,
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail,
- Excellent teamwork, planning, organisation & communication skills,
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel & ideally credit management systems.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Hybrid Remote / In-House working arrangements considered in line with the needs of the business
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11882) on 0116 254 9404.