- Job Reference: 11473
- Date Posted: 10 January 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Wigston
- Salary: £20,000 to £21,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, based in Leicester has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit a Credit Controller (experience or trainee) to join their growing team on a Full Time Permanent basis. The Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing debt and internal reporting.
Your role will involve the following;
* Assistance at month end with collection of accounts due mainly by Telephone.
* Prior to month end, call all customers who were late paying in prior months to determine when they will be paying current month
* By means of targeting key customers and suppliers, endeavour to either obtain payment or reasons for non-payment of overdue invoices
* Liaison with customers and suppliers in order to mediate, where appropriate, on items in query
* Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
* Work closely with the Commercial team credit vetting potential new Customer applicants.
* Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity performed at month end.
* Assistance in the month end reporting of overdue balances to the Senior Management team.
* Contacting customers to ensure full year end accounts are received in a timely manner and in accordance with Credit Policy.
* Proactively contacting our customers to confirm high value invoices once raised will be paid when due.
* GCSE A to E (including Maths and English) or equivalent
* Pleasant and confident personality
* Action a high volume of customer queries
* Highly computer literate - Microsoft Office and Adobe in particular
* Previous experience in credit control is preferred but my client is open to train if required
* Good communication skills
* Appointment type: Permanent
* Salary: up to £21,000 per annum
* Hours: Full time
If you have the relevant experience and are ready for an exciting new challenge, please apply online or call Simon at Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11473) on 0116 254 9404.