- Job Reference: 11473
- Date Posted: 15 March 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Wigston
- Salary: £20,000 to £21,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, based in Leicester has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit a Credit Controller (experience or trainee) to join their growing team on a Full Time Permanent basis. The Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing debt and internal reporting.
Your role will involve the following;
* Assistance at month end with collection of accounts due mainly by Telephone.
* Prior to month end, call all customers who were late paying in prior months to determine when they will be paying current month
* By means of targeting key customers and suppliers, endeavour to either obtain payment or reasons for non-payment of overdue invoices
* Liaison with customers and suppliers in order to mediate, where appropriate, on items in query
* Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
* Work closely with the Commercial team credit vetting potential new Customer applicants.
* Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity performed at month end.
* Assistance in the month end reporting of overdue balances to the Senior Management team.
* Contacting customers to ensure full year end accounts are received in a timely manner and in accordance with Credit Policy.
* Proactively contacting our customers to confirm high value invoices once raised will be paid when due.
* GCSE A to E (including Maths and English) or equivalent
* Pleasant and confident personality
* Action a high volume of customer queries
* Highly computer literate - Microsoft Office and Adobe in particular
* Previous experience in credit control is preferred but my client is open to train if required
* Good communication skills
* Appointment type: Permanent
* Salary: up to £21,000 per annum
* Hours: Full time
If you have the relevant experience and are ready for an exciting new challenge, please apply online or call Simon at Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11473) on 0116 254 9404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.