11807 – Development Director FTC Job Spec
Location: North Leicestershire
Our Client – an established & expanding construction-sector SME business – is seeking an experienced Managing Director to assist with their 3-year succession planning for a full-time fixed term contract (duration circa 3-years). The successful candidate will work closely with the outgoing MD & Senior Management Team to assist in the development & implementation of strategies in the following areas:
- Business Strategy,
- Developing & Mentoring Future Talent in the Business,
- Departmental Co-ordination.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Develop & implement the company's strategic business plan covering the next 3-years,
- Oversee the company's financial performance against previously agreed budgets,
- Prepare & implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost effective operations & market development activities,
- Identify future talent at all levels within the business, implement & monitor a structured mentoring programme,
- Take personal responsibility for mentoring & developing both the Production Manager & Company Executive.
- Undertake a review of departmental co-ordination & to develop / implement systems & processes that will enhance / add value to the business,
- Create initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks & maximise core strengths,
- Ensure that all company policies / legal guidelines are communicated to all / are always followed.
The Right Person
We are seeking candidates who possess proven experience as a Managing Director or General Manager, COO or equivalent, in addition to:
- Qualified MSc/MA in business management & administration,
- Proven experience of mentoring & developing people,
- Excellent organisational & leadership skills,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills,
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing & managing strategic / business plans,
- Strong understanding of finance & measures of performance,
- Outstanding analytical & problem-solving abilities,
- Proven experience of working in a business operating across numerous sites.
- Appointment Type: 3-Year Fixed Term Contract
- Salary: To £70,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- Holiday: 30 Days + Bank Holidays
- Hours: Full-Time
- Benefits incl. Company Car, 8% ERs / 5% EEs pension scheme (negotiable subject to candidate)
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11807) on 0116 254 9404.