11814 – Estimator / Jnr. Quantity Surveyor Job Spec
Our Client – an established construction sector firm based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Estimator / Junior Quantity Surveyor to assist their QS Manager on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Feasibility studies,
- Land viability studies,
- Preparation of provisional site budgets / estimates for multiple sites,
- Produce take-offs for road & sewer groundworks, plot / external groundworks, brickwork, carpentry & painting,
- Produce an accurate schedule of rates that can be used for budgets / trades,
- Works closely with Quantity Surveyor Manager to ensure that all budgets are accurate and a true reflection of the overall build / site costs,
- Present budgets / feasibility studies to QSM, Operations Director & Finance Director prior to sign off.
The Right Person
- Previous experience as an Estimator / QS,
- Experience using COINS or Eque 2 Housebuilding software in essential,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a large organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 28 Days + Bank Holidays (incl. Xmas Closure)
- Benefits incl: KPI Bonuses, Company Car or £4k Car Allowance, 5%+ ERs/ 5% EEs Pension, Private Health.
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11814) on 0116 254 9404.