12255 – Estimator Job Spec
Our client – a renowned manufacturer & consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Estimator to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will responsible for the development & implementation of supply chain strategy for UK & overseas projects, providing estimating / pricing advice to internal teams whilst also managing & developing their supplier base. Key duties include:
- Developing estimating methodology / approach.
- Providing accurate / educated cost structures for projects,
- Reducing costs, developing ongoing supplier relations to grow future opportunities, providing expert guidance on supplier management & mitigating risk,
- Collaborating with engineering & development teams to deliver maximum design value,
- Assisting with the supplier audit process,
- Supporting throughout the project lifecycle incl. establishing timeframes, budgets & resources,
- Developing & analysing supply chain data to improve performance,
- Incorporating sustainable practices into day-to-day operations.
The Right Person
- Previous estimating experience with extensive knowledge of materials & manufacturing
- Commercial awareness (retail / POS sector preferred),
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Risk management, negotiation & influencing skills,
- Proactive, systematic and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- The ability to analyse and manipulate data,
- Effective communication skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Great benefits including generous annual holiday & pension, private health, life assurance etc
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12255) on 0116 254 9404.