11926 – Business Partner – Operations (1 Year FTC) Job Spec
Our Client – a large manufacturing group based in Peterborough – is seeking an experienced, qualified accountant to join their team as Business Partner- Operations for a minimum. 12-month full-time fixed-term-contract.
As a member of the Business Support Accounting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reporting of fixed & variable costs for the company, along with associated analysis / commentary on a monthly basis.
- Month-end financial close incl. journal preparation, cost allocations & associated trend analysis,
- Support annual business planning & forecasting cycles for key business areas within the organisation,
- Act as Business Partner to leaders through the provision of value-add cost reporting & KPIs, incl. monthly presentation,
- Completion of monthly corporate reporting requirements,
- Development / improvement of existing processes & reporting cascade as they progress towards digitalisation,
- Support in the calculation of annual overhead cost rates,
- Adhoc project work.
The Right Person
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent,
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability able to understand detailed data & analysis, and report key observations / recommendations to non-finance leaders,
- Previous management accounting experience is essential,
- Excellent business partnering skills,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Appointment Type: Min. 1-year Fixed-Term-Contract (Good prospects for internal promotion)
- Salary: £36,000 - £42,000 (subject to experience)
- Up to 10% KPI Bonus
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11926) on 0116 254 9404.