11852 – Finance Director Job Spec
Our Client – an established legal practice based in Northampton – is seeking to recruit a Finance Director on a full-time permanent basis. A growing SME, the Client is looking for a highly experienced candidate who is self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality & business profit. The Finance Director position is an important, strategic and senior member of the team.
Managing three reports and reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Financial management of the firm incl. reporting to BOM/Partners and cash management,
- Completion of annual budget cycle & annual accounts preparation,
- Compliance with SRA & HMRC regulations incl. responsibilities as the Firm’s Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA),
- Provision of financial & strategic management input in role as member of BOM and to the Partnership generally,
- Improvement of financial disciplines throughout the firm.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts pack,
- Liaising with auditors with regard to SAR audit, year-end accounts preparation & completion of information for AGM,
- Oversight of payroll processing,
- Attendance at Board & Dept. Heads meetings,
- Ad-hoc financial / general management input as and when required,
- Meeting with fee earners to provide guidance to improving financial disciplines,
- Liaise with auditors & bankers to the firm,
- Supervision of costs recovery function incl. consulting with fee earners where appropriate over settlement of unpaid invoices,
- Input into the annual general and PI insurance renewal processes,
- Comply with any direction or instruction in the Firm’s Practice Manual regarding client care.
The Right Person
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent,
- Essential: a background in the legal sector / legal partnerships,
- Circa 5 – 10 years qualified experience as Manager of a Finance team,
- Essential: the ability to take on COFA role together with an understanding of corporate & personal tax,
- The ability to think strategically & work pro-actively on behalf of the practice,
- An effective report writer who is adept at making presentations,
- Clean or near-clean driving licence.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £65,000 - £95,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 28 Days + Bank Holidays
- 4% ERs / 5% EEs Pension
- Private Health (with the ability to add spouse and/or dependants)
- Income protection (pays a percentage of salary after 6 months sickness absence)
- Health Screening
- DIS (after 6-month qualifying period): 3x salary
- Flexible Benefits Package
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11852) on 0116 254 9404.