11783 – Finance Manager / FC Job Spec
Our entrepreneurial Client – an ambitious, dynamic & rapidly growing B2B e-commerce business based in Leicester – is seeking an all-round safe pair of hands to set up & manage their entire finance function on a full-time permanent basis. As Finance Manager / FC reporting to the Owners & Board, you will be solely responsible for the day-to-day running of all financial processes & requirements (turnover currently at circa £6m). This is a newly created position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts,
- Implementation of a new cloud-based accounting software, polices & procedures (via either SAGE 50, QuickBooks or Xero etc),
- Development & production of a monthly management reporting pack,
- Profit & loss and balance sheet,
- Customer / product profitability analysis,
- Variance analysis & commentary,
- Monthly debrief to business Owners & Board,
- Preparation of annual budgets & quarterly re-forecasts,
- Regular & ad-hoc management reporting / analysis to support key decision-making,
- Ongoing review of cash flow & production of cash flow forecasts,
- Day-to-day banking,
- Payroll submissions to external accountants,
- Auto-enrolment pension submissions,
- Assisting with the production of the annual statutory accounts, VAT, HMRC and other statutory returns,
- Liaising with external auditors / accountants, as required.
The Right Person
- Part or Fully-Qualified AAT, CIMA, ACCA or Qualified by Experience,
- Experience with accountancy system implementation / transition is essential,
- This role will be yours to own… this is a burgeoning company and you will have full responsibility for the entire finance function. It follows therefore that experience at this level will be critical,
- FM / management accounting experience within an e-commerce environment would be preferred,
- A robust, unflappable safe pair of hands is essential… a proactive, adaptable, confident self-starter who is able to work autonomously and willing to handle both the transactional aspects together with more heavyweight duties,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Pension (ER’s 3% / EE’s 5%)
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11783) on 0116 254 9404.