- Job Reference: 11454D
- Date Posted: 26 December 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Wigston
- Salary: £22,200 to £24,000
- Bonus/Benefits: 9-5 (1 Hour Lunch) Mon-Fri
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful manufacturer are looking to appoint a full time experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing their day-to-day accounting.
The bookkeeping role is a new position created within the business due to the growth of the business and to facilitate future plans.
The role will incorporate bookkeeping/accounts preparation, quarterly VAT Returns and yearly Tax returns. You will be main point of reference for accounts queries in the company.
The working hours are 9:00-5.00 (1 hour for lunch) Mon-Fri.
The required tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Entering sales and purchase invoices, payments and receipts
- Entering cash and credit card payments and receipts
- Debtors reports and chasing invoices
- Compiling weekly payment lists
- Weekly sales reports for directors
- Reconciling bank accounts (plus reconciling Worldpay and Paypal)
- Raising storage invoices and sending to clients
- Creditors analysis - monthly figures to Directors
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Annual Company Return
- Balancing Petty Cash and Cash Float
- Management accounts
- Raising accruals and Prepayments
- Raising Payroll Journal
- Ensuring books are up to trial balance
- Chasing late payments when applicable
- Working with the Directors in the production of forecasts and other financial information as required
- Liaising with the company accountants in preparing year-end accounts
- Helping staff in other departments resolve accounts queries
- Banking cheques
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced bookkeeper with at least 2 years of bookkeeping, Sage-based experience (or more) and Excel
- Extensive experience with data entry and record keeping
- Able to work on own initiative
- Someone with an accurate, logical and concise approach to their work.
- Good customer service and communication skills - as the role will require talking to customers.
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit your CV for consideration.
Should you not hear from Paul Mitchell Associates within 7 days of application, unfortunately at this time you have not been successful, we do aim to convey this via email but due to the large number of applications we receive and also applicants own spam facilities, can at times make this difficult.
If you wish to know the status of your application please do feel free to contact the office on 0116 2549404 and ask to speak to one of our consultants.