11717 – Finance Manager (Temp-2-Perm) Job Spec
Working EXCLUSIVELY with a renowned not-for-profit organisation based in Leicester, Paul Mitchell Associates are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Qualified Finance Manager to join our Clients’ Finance Team on a full-time temp-2-perm basis… though some flexi-time will be considered. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the charity delivers value for money for members, maintains transparency and provides effective support to budget holders, management and trustees. You will be responsible for managing the day to day financial processes (including in a supervisory capacity), ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times, as well as taking a proactive approach to continuously seek service and process improvements.
- To develop and deliver effective Finance operations in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan,
- Responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of the financial policies / processes,
- Maintenance of accounting records, ensuring timely / accurate production of management information,
- Prepare and complete monthly management accounts in accordance with agreed deadlines,
- To ensure month-end reconciliations are completed / reviewed within agreed timescales,
- Work with the Operations Dept to deliver an efficient and accurate payroll, ensuring timely and accurate payment of staff / pension requirements, and to ensure that payments /returns to HMRC are completed as required,
- Management of Sage 200 finance system,
- Ensure fixed asset additions and depreciation are processed in accordance with company policy,
- To maintain books of prime entry (including sales, purchase & nominal ledgers) and cash books,
- Appropriate control and processing of income and expenditure across the organisation including appropriate VAT recovery,
- Be fully aware of pertinent VAT issues,
- Monitor aged debtors and actively manage the recovery of debt, liaising with budget holders and customers, and making appropriate provision for doubtful debts,
- Responsibility for line management and development of finance staff to achieve departmental strategy through regular supervision and appraisals.
- Work alongside staff and Executive Officers to provide advice and guidance on budgeting, financial management and all other financial procedures,
- Work with budget holders to ensure reviews of variances to budget are investigated and reported, including identification of cost savings,
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems, policies, procedures and controls are in place and operate effectively so that the financial resources are safeguarded, and the organisation complies with all relevant legislative, regulatory, funder and other financial obligations,
- Ensure that delegated financial authorities and internal control policies are adhered to at all times and employed appropriately,
- Ensure security of the finance office, including safes and systems,
- Maintain confidentiality / data protection requirements, ensuring adherence from all staff members within the Finance Dept,
- Liaise with auditors to ensure completion of the annual audit to agreed timescales,
- Establish / maintain good working relationships with all relevant internal and external contracts,
- Any other Adhoc duties associated with the role as required by the Head of Finance.
The Right Person
- Be a qualified ACA, ACCA Or CIMA accountant (evidence required),
- Solid experience managing a Finance Dept,
- Proficient with Management Accounts prep,
- Proficient user of Sage 200 & Sage Payroll,
- Experience of running a large payroll (including NEST auto-enrolment),
- Demonstrable experience of financial control, monitoring and reporting procedures, recording and accounting for VAT,
- Experience managing a finance team (incl. monitoring performance),
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical,
- The ability to communicate financial information clearly to non-finance colleagues at all levels,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Cultivate effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Degree-level qualifications (with evidence of continual professional development),
- Experience and understanding of the financial needs of charities / not-for-profit organisations,
- Experience working in the Higher Education sector would be a real bonus,
- A commitment to continually improving quality of services / delivery.
This is not your typical Finance Manager role. Our Client is a highly professional organisation who really care for their staff. They offer a fantastic package including:
- Appointment Type: Temp-2-Perm
- Salary: £35,000 Full-Time Equivalent
- Hours: Full-Time 8:00am – 4:00pm (30mins Lunch), Flexi-Time Will Be Considered
- Holiday 22 Days + Bank Holidays (+ concessionary days)
- 5% ERs / 5% EEs Pension
- Remote Working During The Pandemic
- On-Site Parking
If you’re interested & think you’re suitable for this opportunity, please apply online OR call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11717) on 0116 254 9404.