11858 – Finance & Office Manager Job Spec
Our Client – an established engineering & manufacturing firm based in Hinckley – is seeking an experienced finance & office manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Candidates must be immediately available / on very short notice. There will be a hand-over.
Reporting to the MD, the successful candidate – managing a finance assistant and administrator / receptionist – will be responsible for:
- Monitoring daily financial operations within the company,
- Work with external advisors / suppliers for tax prep, audits, banking, investments etc,
- Tracking performance to identify key improvement opportunities,
- Minimise financial risk,
- Research & analyse financial reports / market trends,
- Review financial data & prepare monthly / annual reports,
- Present financial information to the Board, stakeholders, executives, & clients as required,
- Maintain awareness of technological advances in accounting software,
- Establish & maintain effective financial policies & procedures,
- Understand & adhere to financial regulations / legislation.
- Support company operations by maintaining office systems & supervising staff,
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations & procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing & approving supply requisitions and assigning / monitoring administrative functions,
- Create & manage procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer & disposal of records in line with data protection requirements,
- Ensure efficiency through the planning & implementation of office systems, layouts & equipment procurement,
- Review, maintain & updates office policies by establishing standards / procedures.
The Right Person
- ESSENTIAL: Must be immediately available or on very short notice,
- Graduate, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a finance & costings role (ideally within manufacturing),
- Leadership / experience managing a team,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Superior attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, analytical & critical thinking skills;
- Understanding of data privacy laws,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Strong IT skills incl. SAGE 50, ERP Systems & Microsoft Excel to an advanced standard.
- Appointment Type: Permanent (in-house)
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20-25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- Discretionary KPI Bonus
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11858) on 0116 254 9404.