12270 – Financial Accountant (12-month FTC) Job Spec
Our client – a highly successful multinational manufacturing organisation based in Kettering – is seeking a technically literate Financial Accountant possessing experience with group consolidations, tax & VAT, statutory accounts preparation & audits to join their team for a full-time 12-month fixed-term-contract.
Reporting to the CFO and working with the Group Financial Control team / various stakeholders, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing & consolidating financial reporting at Group level for both internal / external reporting purposes. The role will work primarily across the Finance function, with exposure to other support functions, parent company, HMRC & external audit firms.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities include:
- Delivery of month-end, quarter-end & year-end financial reporting,
- Preparation of statutory accounts (for all entities),
- Preparation of corporation tax (UK/US),
- Preparation of pension accounts (Group & Exec scheme),
- Coordination of external audits (statutory & SOx),
- Working with the wider Financial Control team to improve process / system efficiency, effectiveness & control,
- Preparation of regular government returns for all entities (Intrastat, VAT, CIS, ONS),
- Monthly delivery of balance sheet reconciliations.
The Right Person
- Part OR qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent),
- ESSENTIAL: Technical accounting knowledge, strong MS Excel, ERP & systems experience,
- Experience with group consolidations, tax & VAT, statutory accounts preparation & audits,
- Experience working within a large multinational manufacturing / FMCG environment,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: 12-month Fixed-Term-Contract
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 7.5% Bonus
- Hours: Full-Time
- Hybrid Working Available (1-2 Days in Office)
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Private Health
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12270) on 0116 254 9404.