11971 – Financial Controller Job Spec
Our client – an established & highly successful retailer based in Hinckley – is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to support the FD across monthly management accounting and month-end on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing financial control, risk & reporting of the state of the groups’ financials,
- Preparation & presentation of monthly management accounts,
- Collation of the monthly board pack,
- Daily cashflow monitoring / management,
- Preparation & presentation of year-end financial statements & front the audit process,
- Preparation of VAT, PAYE and proforma year-end tax matters, undertaken accurately & on time,
- Proactively share ideas & implement approved cost saving / efficiency initiatives across the business,
- Point of contact for the outsourced payroll bureau & HR function.
The Right Person
- Candidates should be immediately available / on short notice,
- Part OR Fully Qualified ACCA, CIMA preferred, or qualified by experience,
- Experience across Financial / Management Accounting, ideally gained within a SME company,
- Effective verbal & written communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Practical, hands-on & analytical with a keen eye for detail,
- Highly capable data manipulation / spreadsheet skills.
- Proactive, flexible and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a large organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong systems / IT skills. Experience with Netsuite would be advantageous.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Part remote working (phased return to the office full-time).
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11971) on 0116 254 9404.