11904 – Financial Controller (Part-Time) Job Spec
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Working EXCLUSIVELY with our client – a family-owned B2C e-commerce retailer based in Gainsborough – we are seeking a stand-alone, ‘hands-on’ financial controller to help develop the finance function on a part-time permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business’s financial processes / requirements. You will need to be an ‘all-rounder’, able & willing to get involved in all financial aspects including:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts,
- Development & production of monthly management reporting packs incl:
- Profit & loss / balance sheet,
- Customer / product profitability analysis,
- Variance analysis & commentary,
- Monthly debrief to business Owners / Board,
- Preparation of annual budgets / quarterly re-forecasts,
- Regular / ad-hoc management reporting & analysis for decision-making,
- Ongoing review of cashflow / production of forecasts,
- Day-to-day banking,
- Payroll submissions to accountants,
- Assist with the production of annual statutory accounts, VAT & other returns,
- Work with external auditors, where required.
The Right Person
- Part OR fully-qualified CIMA, ACCA or qualified-by-experience,
- Previous senior management accounting / experience of ownership of the finance function within a growing SME / B2C environment is essential,
- An e-commerce / wholesale background would be advantageous,
- This stand-alone role would be perfect for an experienced accountant who is not afraid to be ‘hands-on’ in the development of the finance function… someone who is looking to make a real, lasting difference to the firm’s financial information, overall success & profitability.
- A demonstrable ability to bring immediate clarity & visibility to accounts payable processes / cash forecasting is crucial to success,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Experience using Xero is highly desirable.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 FTE, pro-rata’d for 20-25hrs per week (subject to experience)
- Hours: Part-Time 3 full days to 4-part-days (normal office hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11904) on 0116 254 9404.