11866 – Fire Alarm Service Engineer Job Spec
Location: Central London
Our Client – a long-established specialist service-sector business based in Leicester operating throughout the UK – is seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Service Engineer to work within / service the Central London area on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing & rectifying faults on a variety of fire alarm systems, disabled refuge systems & emergency lighting systems. You will also be tasked with helping to enhance / develop the service business, working in a professional manner as both an individual and within the team. Key duties include:
- Routine & annual servicing of systems,
- Responding to emergency breakdowns,
- Participation of the engineer callout rota as directed by the Service Manager,
- Utilise knowledge of fire alarm & detection system, emergency lights, disable refuge systems & access control system,
- Liaising with Customers and Staff (internal & external),
- General Administrative Duties,
- Confident & professional communication (both written & oral),
- Proficient use of IT to record and update Company records,
- Interpret data ensuring attention to detail & accuracy,
- Ensure workload is planned & prioritised in accordance with business needs,
- Present a smart, professional appearance to customers & suppliers at all times,
- Deliver flexibility in terms of working hours to meet the demands of the business.
The Right Person
- A minimum of 3 to 5-years’ previous experience working as a fire systems service engineer,
- Good understanding of BS5839 Part 1 2013, Unit 1 – Fire Detection Design, and BS5266 Part 1 2011 – Emergency Lighting Design,
- Proactive attitude & work ethic, self-motivated and able to work effectively alone under pressure to meet deadlines,
- Effective communication skills at all levels, providing clarity, fostering trust and building a good rapport,
- Identify & resolve problems in a manner that enhances the business, complying with legislation,
- The ability to recognise & deliver excellent customer service, willing to go ‘the extra mile’ to provide customers with a lasting positive impression,
- The ability to work with teams / individuals to ensure effective & professional working relationships are developed. Able to maintain strong relationships with customers & colleagues,
- IT Skills – The ability to use technology to save time & deliver a professional service.
- All duties should be delivered in accordance with Company requirements / policies relating to standards, accuracy, customer service & team working,
- Full clean driving licence.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience)
- Sales Lead Commission
- Hours: Full-Time
- Vehicle, Phone & Laptop Provided
- Holiday 21 Days + Bank Holidays (rising to 25 after 1-years’ service)
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11866) on 0116 254 9404.