GROUP FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Our client, a successful SME Service sector business , is seeking to recruit a Group Financial Controller.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Manage and develop finance team to support business growth
Complete cash flow forecasts, ensuring compliance with banking covenants.
Monthly management accounts - finished to timetable for review by the Group Financial Director
Develop weekly and monthly KPI reporting
Lead improvement in Board pack reporting. Ensure weekly / monthly financial information packs and commentary meet Board, investor and lender reporting requirements.
Lead treasury management.
Review stock provisions and accruals on a monthly basis
Weekly meetings with team to review debts and both AP and AR ledger
Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place and being adhered to across the department and business
Ensure the integrity of balance sheet reporting, review and approve
Ensure VAT returns and HMRC payroll submissions are accurate and meet deadlines
Planning and production of budgets and quarterly forecasting, including liaising with all departments and reviewing & checking submissions
Establish appropriate financial modelling to provide Board with accurate projections against KPI’s.
Oversee the timely completion of year-end statutory accounts and all associated analysis as required.
Lead the preparation of year-end disclosures and tax packs in readiness for year-end audit.
Liaise with auditors.
Provide financial insight to support business decisions, in particular product and customer profitability and detailed sales/margin/inventory analysis.
Contribute to systems and workflow improvements.
Qualification and skills required:
- Qualified Accountant (pref ACA / ACCA or CIMA) with strong technical skills
- Demonstrable experience producing financial reporting in medium sized business
- Strong people skills, good motivator
- Analytical mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Previously managed a team
- Systems review / implementation experience
- Experience gained in a firm of Chartered Accountants would be desirable
Skills & Aptitude
- Hands on style
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Advanced/Intermediate Excel skills
- Tenacious, self-starter
- Robust and resilient
- Willing to give an opinion / raise issues
- Credible communicator at all levels
- Works well under pressure
- Previously presented financial information to senior management