Group Financial Controller
- Job Reference: 12169
- Date Posted: 14 April 2022
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Market Harborough, Leicestershire
- Salary: £50,000 to £70,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Flexi Work, Remote, Other Benefits
- Sector: Accountancy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
We're looking to recruit for a family enterprise that is expanding rapidly, acquiring additional businesses whilst consolidating and expanding the existing sites.
Line management responsibilities:
This Group Financial Controller role has direct line management responsibility for accounting Assistants who operate within the organisation
We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to manage our Finance Function throughout the Group. At all times demonstrating our core values, the post holder will produce reports and Accounts and supervise any group staff who have input into the finance function.
The post holder will carry out the role expected of a Group Financial Controller including, but not limited to:
· Maintain their own financial skills;
· Co-lead the recruitment and retention of accounting assistants and undertake regular peer reviews and 1-2-1 conversations;
· Become a recognised trainer for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and provide appropriate support to trainee(s);
· Take full responsibility for the preparation of the accounts of each of the practices and companies within the group:
o Monthly management reporting and director reporting;
o Quarterly bank reporting;
o Annual adjustments;
· Liaising with external Accountants for the preparation and filing of statutory accounts and Corporation tax returns;
· Completing all confidential bookkeeping for the Holding company and Head Office, including but not limited to:
o Checking expenses;
o Checking payroll;
o Checking invoices;
o Raising payments;
· Take responsibility for all accounting processing on Xero, including training of personnel as relevant;
· Manage bank balances throughout the group;
· Administering credit card usage;
· Prepare Business plans and forecasts as required;
· Filing and providing information to stakeholders;
· Carry out Preliminary and final Financial Due Diligence on target businesses
· Leading on financial compliance and reporting;
· Maintaining and developing your financial competency and continuing professional/personal development required by professional body;
· Working alongside colleagues in facilitating on-going organisational change and development.
This post requires Professional Qualification (ACA/FCA), Occupational Health clearances, DBS clearance and two satisfactory references prior to start date, with all interview and appointment expenses covered including travel and DBS check.
· It is preferred (but not essential) that the post holder will be familiar with NHS services accounting and will be willing to receive appropriate on-going training and professional/personal development;
· The work is office based (Market Harborough) with occasional site visits (partial home working will be permitted) and will include use of computer (provided) and personal mobile telephone;
· The work may include occasional light lifting duties such as stationery boxes, files or other deliveries;
· There will be occasions when travel to work in other locations will be required, with paid business mileage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£70,000.00 per year
⦁Monday to Friday
If you - or someone you might know - are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE NOW or call us (quoting our 5-digit job reference) on +44 (0)116 254 9404. If you do not consent, please DO NOT apply to this vacancy.