11822 – Head of Finance Job Spec
Summary Of The Role
Our Client – a renowned Not-For Profit organisation based in Leicester – is seeking a qualified Head of Finance to manage the organisations entire finance function on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for reporting to the Board's committee structure. In addition, you will also act as Finance Director for the Board with full financial and reporting oversight. Accordingly, we require an experienced, passionate and driven senior finance professional with extensive financial management and accountancy expertise. The role requires a high level of influence, collaboration, resilience and professionalism.
You'll have the opportunity to make your mark and lead the finance function to continuously identify and improve the effectiveness of accounting systems and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have excellent stakeholder management skills, the ability to build strong relationships and be comfortable challenging at a senior leader/Director level. To be successful in the role, you must possess a track record of effectively providing high quality advice to both finance and non-finance professionals on complex, technical finance and accounting issues.
The Right Person
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA accountant,
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent,
- Demonstrable evidence of Continued Professional Development,
- Extensive financial management accountancy experience incl. costing & business planning,
- A track record of effectively providing high quality advice to both finance and non-finance professionals on complex, technical finance and accounting issues.
- Experience of influencing, negotiating & challenging management at a senior level,
- Experience of preparing / presenting accurate & timely financial statements / comprehensive commentary in accordance with relevant regulations / legislation,
- Proven experience of translating complex, detailed financial information into concise audience appropriate reports containing the operational drivers behind financial results,
- Experience of presenting in governance meetings,
- High level of computer literacy with a robust understanding of complex spreadsheet / modelling tools,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strategic business understanding and customer focus, understanding of complex governance structures and audience appropriate reporting,
- Ability to achieve outcomes by demonstrating resilience and determination by taking personal accountability,
- Excellent leadership and management skills that focus on maximising teams desire to perform, enabling them to be more productive and more engaged,
- Manage information to display impact on business effectiveness which supports continuous improvements,
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to support a vision / direction,
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to coherently take governance decision makers through complex information,
- Advanced numeracy financial and analytical skills, accuracy with attention to detail.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: Circa £55,000 - £65,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Remote working initially, with a view to working in the office part-time. Flexible Working Arrangements (considered in line with the needs of the business)
- Generous Benefits Incl: Performance Related Pay & Bonus Scheme, Salary Exchange Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, Buy/Sell Annual Leave + More
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11822) on 0116 254 9404.