IT & MI Systems Technician
- Job Reference: 11115
- Date Posted: 2 May 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £10.00 to £15.00
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
IT Systems Technician
Our client is looking a appoint for the first time an Inhouse IT System and Management Information Support Technician to their small friendly team.
The role will encompass the maintenance and development of the IT systems in terms of both Hardware and Software, as well as providing a variety of Reports to the Management of the business. Due to the nature of the role whilst core hours are available these could be loose as the needs to support users out of hours may occur, this could be done remotely but there maybe the need to attend.
About the Role
The IT Systems Technician is the first and consistent point of contact for all IT related questions, issues and internal customer interactions. Contact can be initiated in many ways including email, phone and in person; therefore a focus on meeting customer expectations and satisfaction levels is key.
You will provide a broad support for incident resolution and requests reported to the you.
Responsibilities include initial assessment, research and resolution of incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or infrastructure components. KPI's focus on first time resolution (resolution without escalation) and fixes.
* To act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from IT customers regarding IT issues and queries.
* Receive, log and manage calls from IT customers via telephone, email or text chat.
* First line support - troubleshooting of IT related Incidents and Problems across software and hardware on devices such as Smart Phones, Laptops, PCs and Printers.
* Escalate unresolved calls to the relevant 2nd line support teams.
* Log all calls and follow through to resolution.
* Management Information - creation and supply of adhoc reports for the Management team.
You will have a strong working knowledge of PC's, Operating Systems, Printers, Networks and Telecommunications. You will have excellent communication skills and a good telephone manner, the ability to analyse, troubleshoot and spot trends. You will be a strong team player, and the ability to work on your own initiative. Ideally you will have experience of SQL server database systems, antivirus and other security tools.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is competitive.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.