12100 – Accounts Manager Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – a long-established distributer based at Bardon Hill – is seeking an experienced Accounts Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Essentially a stand-alone role and responsible for overseeing an accounts clerk, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Management Accounts: preparation & posting of accruals, repayments & reserves, as well as the interrogation & reconciliation of relevant accounts & reporting.
- Monthly Management reporting incl. wages as required,
- Weekly & monthly cashflow prep & reporting, and monthly forecasting,
- Reconciliation and analysis of wages,
- VAT reconciliations & submissions, intrastat returns, fuel scale charges, customs (management of postponement VAT account, liaising with HMRC as required,
- O.N.S monthly, quarterly & annual reporting, mileage claim reports,
- Keep cashbooks up to date, monthly bank recs & posting,
- Monthly debtors’ reconciliation, monthly advance account reconciliation,
- Supplier payments, expenses, HMRC etc,
- Upkeep of company car records, MOT status, VED payments,
- Purchase & nominal ledger, petty cash, credit card expenses, posting invoices & credit notes, distributing invoices for authorisation, reconciling supplier statements. Period end management reporting.
The Right Person
- Part OR fully-qualified accountant, OR qualified by experience,
- Strong management accounting experience in an SME environment,
- Experience managing a small finance team would be beneficial,
- Ideally available to start December 2021 (a hand-over would be available before the end of the year),
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. experience using Pegasus Opera would be a distinct advantage.
- Appointment Type: Permanent (in-house)
- Salary: up to £32,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday: 21 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- On-site parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12100) on 0116 254 9404.