12201 – Management Accountant Job Spec
Location: Coalville Area
Summary of the Role
Our client – an established distributer based in the Coalville area – is seeking an experienced Management Accountant (part OR fully-qualified AAT, ACCA or CIMA) to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the dept. head, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the business with accountancy support through the provision of accurate, timely & relevant financial information. You will forge strong relationships with key stakeholders covering Group, International & Investment companies, as well involving some consolidation processes. You will also get involved in project work, helping to achieve the goals for finance within strict deadlines and operating within the agreed control framework.
Key duties include:
- The production, consolidation & issuing of accurate management accounts for Group, International & Investment companies,
- Detailed analysis of monthly performance in line with strict financial deadlines / reviews held with Directors & department heads, production of board reports / financial review packs,
- Production of accurate weekly flash reports supported by forecasts,
- Monthly updating of balance sheets to support audit activities,
- Progressing with the full integration of Europe companies into Group accounting processes, ensuring results are accurate / meet the desired timescales for reporting, whilst taking steps to report on the owned share of profits,
- Provide key business decision support including adhoc international travel,
- Reviewing to ensure routines / processes are effective, automated and make necessary improvements where applicable,
- Ensuring recharge methodologies are robust, supported by documented assumptions as well as ensuring intercompany transactions are recorded / eliminated upon consolidation in conjunction with financial controllers & audit requirements,
- Ensuring the quarterly forecast & annual budget processes are followed, achieving the desired timescales & constructively challenge / reviewed with the business director & FD,
- You will have ultimate responsibility to upload the Group’s detailed budgets & forecasts onto the accounting system, engaging & working closely with your finance colleagues.
We are seeking part OR fully-qualified AAT, ACCA or CIMA candidates possessing solid experience in the above duties. In return, my client is offering the following:
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 22 Days + Bank Holidays
- NEST Pension
- On-Site Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12201) on 0116 254 9404.