11836 – Management Accountant FTC Job Spec
Location: Leicester City Centre
Our Client – a renowned and well-respected brand based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to support in the production of accurate financial / management information on a timely basis, for a full-time fixed-term-contract (12-months maternity cover).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate & timely reporting to key stakeholders. This accounting will be to assist the business as a whole and provide greater clarity of the business unit to the Financial Reporting Manager and the Finance team:
- Monthly & annual financial reporting, incl. preparation of monthly management accounts and related reporting as required,
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date balance sheet reconciliation,
- Monthly business meetings with the Department Heads / Managers and the Financial Reporting Manager,
- Manage & audit the retail management with regular stock takes, monthly stock & gross profit margin reporting,
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager with preparation of budgets & forecasts in line with allocated department requirements,
- Production of quarterly VAT return, processing of monthly VAT payments on account,
- Production of monthly / annual reporting incl. statutory accounts & audit,
- Assisting with the annual audit process, where appropriate,
- Processing BACS and CHAPS payments through internet banking,
- Production of ad-hoc reporting as directed by senior management,
- Provide support and cover for other colleagues incl. day-to-day assistance to PL / SL,
- Any other related adhoc duties, where required.
The Right Person
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, or qualified by experience,
- Previous experience within a management accounting role for a large organisation,
- Able to communicate to the highest level, listens, interprets & conveys information in a clear and accurate manner, provides timely delivery of information and selects the most appropriate method of communication,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a large organisation,
- Excellent accuracy, planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- A commitment to continuing professional development,
- Internal / external audit experience is preferable, together with retail accounting or PDQ payments / reconciliation,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel. Experience using MS Access / Dimensions would be advantageous.
- Appointment Type: Fixed Term Contract (Min. 12-months Maternity Cover)
- Salary: £32,000 – £36,000 + £4k Completion Bonus (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Mixture of remote working and in-office,
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Discounts, Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11836) on 0116 254 9404.