- Job Reference: 11596
- Date Posted: 1 July 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Bonus and Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Management Accountant. Leicester.
Our client, a highly successful business, part of a Group operating internationally, is seeking a Management Accountant to join its team. The company is establishing itself as a leading UK-based distributor of its niche products. It offers exciting career opportunities in a fast paced dynamic environment, covering a broad range of commercial, technical, and distribution disciplines.
This New Role
Reporting into the Head of Finance the position of Management Accountant will be to support the recently established finance team managing investment, risk management, budgeting, planning and financial accounts reporting.
This role will be accountable for supporting the management of all accounting activities,and help in finding ways of improving profitability and growth, alongside assisting in the continuous process improvements and management information systems of the business.
The business is at an important early stage and it will be key as part of this role to support the implementation of more efficient strategies and new operations.
* Production of the monthly management accounts.
* Balance sheet reconciliations.
* Ensure the month end procedures are completed within the agreed timescales.
* Ensure statutory returns are completed and required.
* Assist and be a mentor to the other members of the finance team.
* Liaise with other departments of the business to improve efficiencies and develop reporting requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA or studying towards CIMA or ACCA qualification or possible Qualified by Experience.
* Management accounts production experience.
* Analytical experience.
* Must be proficient using Microsoft Excel.
* Confidence in liaising with departmental stakeholders.
* Internal and external relationship builder with excellent communication skills.
* Team player who upholds the company values.
* Knowledge of UK & US GAAP
* Experience with using SAP an advantage
* Competitive salary and bonus.
* Pension scheme.
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.