11724 – Management Accountant Job Spec
We have an opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Leicester-based Client – a renowned national retailer – on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking a leading role of managing and reporting the groups’ management accounts / performance incl. co-ordinating, reviewing & managing operational reports, reporting on monthly financial performance vs budget, forecasting and prior period, monthly sales & business reforecasting, co-ordinating with management to collate information required for the annual budget. Reporting to the Finance Director managing a small team of reports, your position will be key to relaying relevant, accurate financial information to management, providing insight to support business decisions and overall strategy. You will be tasked with improving, streamlining and replacing outdated financial modelling tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collate & review of monthly management accounts, presenting to the senior finance team (incl. variance analysis to budget, forecasting and prior period) with recommendations for future period forecast changes for approval,
- Provide additional presentation of results when required for quarterly board meetings,
- Co-ordination of the finance and management team to ensure key costs are managed effectively,
- Manage and mentor the finance reporting team (circa 4x reports incl. accountants & assistant accountants),
- Co-ordinate & review of all operational reports incl. daily sales, weekly trading performance pack, store hours & group contribution reports,
- Monthly sales reforecasting in line with external changes and internal expectations,
- Manage and co-ordinate the management team to produce and present annual budgets,
- Assist in the review of the financial statutory accounts, liaising with external auditors where necessary,
- Manage & assist in various projects where required to ensure internal & external expectations are met.
The Right Person
- Qualified / Part-Qual ACA / ACCA or CIMA, OR Qualified by Experience,
- Essential: a strong retail background, preferably with a regional / national group of companies,
- Experience preparing financial performance reports (incl. variance analysis),
- Preparing budgets & forecasting,
- Excellent planning, organisation, time keeping and communication skills with key stakeholders,
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical,
- Change Management: facilitate and drive-forward departmental improvements… a hands-on person with the ability to work efficiently with team members,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel & Word skills to an advanced standard. Experience using ERP would be a bonus.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £40,000 Per Annum
- Hours: Full-Time 9:00am – 5:15pm
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (rising to 26+STAT in line with service)
- Pension: ERs 6% / EEs 4%
If you’re interested & think you’re suitable for this opportunity, please apply online OR call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11724) on 0116 254 9404.