12055 – Management Accountant Job Spec
Location: East Leicestershire
Our client – a successful, growing accountancy practice based in East Leicestershire – is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
You would be using the latest cloud-based applications to provide a broad range of accounting and business support services – mainly to early-stage technology businesses – many of whom are based in Cambridge or London, with a growing number overseas.
The practice supports their clients with all aspects of financial management & reporting, providing a number of advisory services incl. support for funding rounds, assistance with claiming Government support for research & development activities.
This is a management accounting role, working collaboratively to produce monthly and quarterly management accounts, cashflow forecasts and other financial reports.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the bookkeeping team to monitor progress with monthly tasks,
- Managing timetable for production of client monthly management accounts,
- Entering month-end journals for prepayments, accruals, work in progress & deferred income,
- Reviewing profit & loss accounts, investigate variances to budgets and/or expected figures based on past months,
- Reviewing balance sheets, liaise with bookkeeping team to ensure control accounts are correctly reconciled,
- Running monthly management reports, incl. P&L account, balance sheet, cashflow statement & other required schedules, i.e. CAPEX, headcount, recurring revenue,
- Producing monthly cost centre reports for certain clients,
- Producing consolidated group accounts for clients with overseas subsidiaries,
- Updating forecast models with month-end actual data. Over time, additional responsibility can be taken on for producing cashflow forecasts using cloud-based forecasting applications,
- Assisting with annual budgeting for clients, load budgets into management reporting application,
- Producing reports to support claims for government grant funding for research & development work.
The Right Person
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA-qualified,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to clients & colleagues at all levels,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise a diverse workload,
- A collaborative worker, supporting team members, not afraid to ask questions,
- Proactive with an eagerness to learn & develop professional,
- Strong IT skills (knowledge of Xero & Spotlight Reporting would be an advantage).
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (increasing 1-day per year up to 25+STAT)
- Employee Workplace Pension (3% ERs / 5% EEs)
- Benefits incl. Gym Membership, Medicash Plan, Long Service Award, Free On-Site Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12055) on 0116 254 9404.