11747 – Paraplanner Job Spec
Location: Leicester City Centre
Our Client – an established and well-respected Wealth Management Consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Paraplanner to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will provide support for financial advice & services ranging from Pensions – SSAS & SIPP (incl. property purchase), pension drawdown & transfers & workplace pensions, to investment portfolio advice, estate planning and protection.
- Supporting one IFA initially, with growth expected so supporting a further IFA going forward,
- Providing financial planning / suitability reports using the appropriate research tools within agreed timescales,
- Ensuring that FactFinds and the adviser’s meeting notes are fully completed and that all outstanding information has been received prior to preparing any financial planning reports / suitability letters,
- Ensuring that on completion of business by the Financial Planner client files are complete and all relevant documentation enclosed before submission,
- Completing research & report writing, ensuring all Financial Planning and Suitability Reports and letters are compliant, technically accurate and completed in line with the IFP Business Standards and templates provided,
- Cross-selling services to new & existing clients, working collaboratively with financial planners and administrators to ensure work in progress is completed in a timely fashion,
- Establishing strong relationships with clients and attending client meetings with the IFA where appropriate / required,
- Ensuring all meetings, enquiries and subsequent dealings with clients, introducers and product providers are conducted in a professional manner and comply with the company’s procedures,
- Acting as client contact, able to communicate effectively with key stakeholders (via phone & email),
- Submitting new business promptly to providers, ensuring legible copies are uploaded to the back office system and implementing agreed actions,
- To work with Financial Planners, other Paraplanners, Managers and Directors on other projects, from time to time as required,
- To maintain the professionalism of the firm at all times and act accordingly in all dealings with colleagues, clients, providers and visitors.
The Right Person
- Level-4 Diploma qualification in financial services is desirable,
- Paraplanning experience is essential,
- Excellent computer skills incl. Word & Excel,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Good organisational skills… an ability to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines,
- Professional & confident telephone manner,
- Excellent technical knowledge, good awareness of Data Protection legislation and risks,
- Good knowledge of pensions and pension transfers.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 24 Days + Bank Holidays (Xmas Closure)
- Flexible / remote working arrangements considered in line with the needs of the business
- Comprehensive Benefits incl. Study Support / Leave, Exam Bonuses, Paid Professional Membership Fees, EAP Scheme, Holiday Purchase Scheme, New Business Referral Bonuses, Company Pension PLUS MUCH MORE!!
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11747) on 0116 254 9404.