Part-time/Full time Bookkeeper
- Job Reference: 11528
- Date Posted: 7 February 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £18,000 to £24,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Bookkeeper (Full or Part time). Small firm of Chartered Accountants seeks an experienced person to strengthen its team on a full or part time basis circa 25 hours). You will probably be a part or recently qualified AAT or be qualified by experience. You will be involved in all aspects of accounts preparation for a client base consisting of sole traders, partnerships and small limited companies. Experience of Iris or Sage an advantage.
- Payroll processing for a portfolio of clients on weekly, fortnightly and monthly paid schemes covering a wide range of business types.
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns for a wide range of businesses and trade sectors, with an allocated portfolio of clients.
- Covering for the payroll manager during holiday periods and working with other payroll administrators to ensure that the work gets done.
- Confident communication skills in order to liaise with the clients, advise the clients and plan in your workload to best meet the deadlines as necessary.
- A good understanding of the various VAT scheme in operation, and the ability to advise clients of the changes affecting their business.
- Completion and submission of monthly CIS returns.
- Able to work on individual clients and report directly to the bookkeeping/payroll managers, whilst also flexible enough to work as part of the busy bookkeeping & payroll departments.
- Prior use of Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll & Microsoft office products is essential. Exposure to other software packages would be ideal also.
We are ideally looking for somebody who has been in practice and gained an all-round experience. Salary wise our client would initially look to pay £18,000-£24,000 (pro-rata for part time hours) Hours to suit.