11846 – Payroll Advisor Job Spec
Our Client – an established and well-respected Chartered Accountancy & Wealth Management Consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking a Payroll Advisor to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Prepare, process & manage the payrolls for a portfolio of clients, ranging from sole traders to more complex payrolls,
- Organise and plan own workload,
- Set up new starters and process leavers,
- Input & calculate payroll data,
- Process all statutory payments as required,
- Submit RTI to HMRC,
- Calculate & process pension figures,
- Ensure clients are compliant with Auto-Enrolment legislation,
- Make required declarations to the Pensions Regulator,
- Upload pension information to varies pension dashboards,
- Year-end returns / P60 forms,
- Process new client applications to register for PAYE,
- Deal with correspondence from HMRC on payroll related matters,
- Communicate with clients on the phone / in person,
- Respond to ad hoc payroll queries which may be raised from both payroll and non-payroll clients.
The Right Person
- Previous experience working within a payroll environment,
- Up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation, incl. CJRS,
- Knowledge & experience of administering Auto-Enrolment Pensions,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel. Sage 50 Cloud Payroll experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 26 Days + Bank Holidays
- Generous Benefits incl: Private Health, Paid Membership Subscriptions, Study Leave, Death-in-Service, Flexible Working (post-probationary period), Client Referral Bonuses, Free Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11846) on 0116 254 9404.