12093 – Payroll Assistant Job Spec
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Summary of the Role
Our client – a large corporate based in Hinckley – is seeking an experienced payroll assistant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Dealing with employee, statutory authorities or Business Unit queries,
- Updating authorised payroll standing data & logging weekly timesheets. Identification of missing timesheets and monthly returns,
- Production / distribution of reports required to validate all data entry,
- Processing of payroll inputs incl. regular & irregular deductions / payments (to incl. student loans, court orders, sundry bonus payments etc),
- Processing & calculations of statutory leave / statutory pay,
- Accurate review of other payroll administrators’ input,
- Review of the SSC cost reports to enable the costs to be checked / payroll to be authorised, distribution of final cost reports to the Business Units,
- Production & distribution of P45s,
- Raising of payment documentation for payroll deductions to be paid over to the appropriate authorities
- Provide holiday cover when required and actively assist team members,
- Running and distribution of data required for third parties.
The Right Person
- Previous payroll experience in both weekly and monthly Payrolls required,
- Knowledge of SMP, SPP, SSP calculations in accordance to HMRC legislation,
- Understanding of tax & NI and other deductions from pay,
- Regard to the confidential nature and the importance of tight access controls over the payroll data, able to deal with employees and statutory authorities on a professional and courteous basis,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent accuracy, planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Systems: Oracle experience desirable, but not essential.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: up to £22,500 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time, 37.5hrs PW
- Holiday 28 Days + Bank Holidays
- On-Site Parking
- The role is predominantly remote-working; however, you will be on occasion expected to go into the office, therefore you must be able to commute to Hinckley on short notice.
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12093) on 0116 254 9404.