12013 – Payroll Assistant Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – an established Accounting Consultancy based in Lutterworth – is seeking an experienced payroller on a full-time permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to step-up to become payroll manager within the next 2-3 years. Working alongside the existing payroll manager and a part-time assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing payrolls for a variety of clients of differing sizes (circa 150 accounts), from SME companies to large, more complex payrolls,
- Submission of PAYE to HMRC,
- Submission of CIS returns to HMRC on behalf of clients,
- Advising clients on payroll matters & resolving queries,
- Supporting the admin team in answering incoming calls.
The Right Person
- GCSE’s A-C incl. English & Maths,
- Demonstrable experience within a payroll environment,
- The desire and drive to develop professionally to become payroll manager in 2-3-years (a training contract may be considered, AAT),
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal),
- Good attention to detail, proactive, able to work to tight deadlines and willing to learn,
- Strong IT skills. Incl. MS Office. Experience using IRIS preferred, but not essential.
- Appointment Type: Permanent (in-house)
- Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum (subject to qualifications / experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday: 20-days + Bank Holidays (increasing in line with service)
- NEST Pension
- Some flexibility on start/finish times
- Real career progression pathways
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12013) on 0116 254 9404.