12057 – Payroller Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – a successful firm of chartered accountants based in Kettering – is seeking an experienced payroller to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will run end-to-end payrolls, forming part of their payroll department processing over 150 payrolls incl. weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly & monthly payrolls. You will also be undertaking CIS scheme calculations as well as dealing with HMRC, pension providers & clients to help with queries and resolve issues. You would also be involved in the calculation & processing of furlough claims on behalf of our payroll clients.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A full working knowledge of SSP, SMP, AEO, RTI’s student loans & ad-hoc payroll adjustments incl. processing Auto-Enrolment schemes.
- Experience in setting up & processing multiple payrolls (incl. new starters, leavers etc),
- Processing payments via BACS, year-end processes & detailing with HMRC,
- Keeping up to date with all the necessary legislation,
- Liaising with Clients, Partners & Managers to ensure all information is received correctly,
- Effective communication skills,
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy under pressure, paying close attention to detail,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team,
- Organised and methodical in their ability to manage and prioritise workload appropriately,
- Be a team player with a sense of humour,
- Experience using a variety of accounting systems (i.e. IRIS) would be a distinct advantage.
In return for the above, our client is offering a superb modern working environment:
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays (Xmas Closure)
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12057) on 0116 254 9404.