11708 – Payroller Job Spec
A great opportunity for an experienced Payroller to join an established accountancy practice in Leicester on a full-time permanent basis. Boasting an excellent reputation, this is a great firm to work for; friendly and supportive. Whilst a practice / bureau background is preferred, our client will consider candidates with solid Sage Payroll / Xero Payroll experience gained within industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the payroll department, including:
- Dealing with client e-mails,
- Receiving payroll information from clients and processing the payroll on Sage or Xero,
- Checking figures calculated by the software to ensure that the correct PAYE / NI etc has been deducted,
- Complying with RTI requirements including making the submissions to HMRC,
- Complying with TPS requirements including making the submissions to pension companies and TPS,
- Sending payroll information to clients such as payslips, net pay summaries & PAYE / NI liabilities due for payment,
- Setting up PAYE and Auto-enrolment Pension Schemes,
- Planning & organising your workload,
- Ensuring that client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The Right Person
- Part of fully-qualified CIPP, or qualified by experience,
- A practice / bureau background is preferred (but may consider industry),
- Experience working with HR & Payroll systems to process employee data and payroll,
- Be proficient with Sage Payroll and / or Xero Payroll,
- Knowledge of PAYE, Pension & HMRC submissions is essential,
- Excellent planning, organisation, time keeping and communication skills,
- Maintaining client confidentiality at all times,
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical,
- Strong IT skills incl. MS Excel & Word skills to an advanced standard,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time, 35hrs per week
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (+3-4 Days at Christmas)
- 3% EEs, 5% ERs Pension
If you’re interested & think you’re suitable for this opportunity, please apply online OR call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11708) on 0116 254 9404.