11825 – Payroller Job Spec
Our Client – an established chartered accountancy / tax advisor practice based in Leicester – are recruiting an experienced Senior Payroller to manage the payroll for circa 100+ employees on a full-time permanent basis. This is very much a stand-alone role, so we seeking a confident and capable payroll professional who is willing / able to manage the firm’s entire payroll function with minimal intervention or oversight. The company is projecting significant expansion over the next 24 months, so the ideal candidate is one who is adaptable and wanting to grow along with the business. Part of this will involve the projects / implementation of new systems & processes to aid growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing multiple weekly, fortnightly & monthly payroll runs for a range of SME clients,
- Calculating SMP, SSP statutory deductions incl. workplace pensions (auto-enrolment),
- Liaising directly with clients to resolve queries,
- Administering payments under the Job Retention Scheme,
- CIS Scheme,
- Assisting with Bookkeeping & VAT preparation,
- Any related adhoc duties as delegated.
The Right Person
- Part or Fully-Qualified CIPP, or Qualified by Experience,
- Experience using SAGE Payroll is essential. Sage Accounts / Xero experience would be preferable, but not essential,
- Knowledge & understanding of the CIS Scheme is preferable. Experience with system implementation within Payroll Services would also be desirable,
- Solid understanding of payroll legislation / current guidance is essential,
- Effective communication skills,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (increasing in line with length of service)
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11825) on 0116 254 9404.