Personal Tax Consultant
- Job Reference: 11464
- Date Posted: 7 January 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £34,000 to £35,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Personal Tax Consultant. Leicester. £34-£35K
Our client is a successful local firm of Chartered Accountants, who are seeking to recruit a Personal Tax Consultant.
The practice offers great opportunities for people who want to pursue a career in taxation in a stimulating and supportive office environment.
It is looking for an experienced tax professional to join our friendly personal tax team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing all aspects of a portfolio of clients, including general administration and billing.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Preparation and submission of self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts;
* Preparing forms P11d;
* Advising clients of their tax and national insurance liabilities;
* Calculation of chargeable gains and filing of NRCGT returns;
* Dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC;
* Dealing with disclosures to HMRC;
* Ad hoc advisory work; and
* Liaison with other departments within the firm, clients and HMRC.
Experience of using CCH personal tax software would be an advantage, but training can be given.
The role is full time, although there is some flexibility over working hours. This is a permanent position.