11828 – Production Assistant Job Spec
Our Client – a renowned manufacturer & consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Production Assistant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be working with and assisting the Production Dept. to achieve daily output targets, utilising all relevant resources & service functions to best effect, ensuring that all production administration runs effectively, safely & efficiently at all times. Working closely with the Production Manager & Team, Engineering, Quality, Sales & Finance Depts, your role will be to assist in driving improved performance in terms of health & safety, quality, internal environment and performance in line with the KPI’s.
- Responsible for relaying relevant data from project teams and entering into CRM system, ensuring accurate data at all times,
- Data input on direct / indirect hours in a timely fashion, enabling analysis to be carried out for wages etc,
- Raising purchase orders for product incl. raw materials, consumables & PPE, in line with the Finance Dept. instructions. Monitoring expenditure vs budget,
- Identify individual training needs & requirements, using gap analysis to ensure cover is maintained at all times,
- Develop & maintain effective communication links,
- Process & record all holiday / absence details,
- Arrange servicing and / or repairs for departmental machinery,
- Assist in the recruitment of agency staff where necessary & carry out inductions,
- Update the Secure Storage Spreadsheet in a timely manner,
- Print & collate production orders, drawings & estimates, prepare project review documents for the Production Manager,
- Complete annual stock-take in accordance with timescales set by Dept. Co-ordinator / Finance.
- KPI’s: Absenteeism, Scrap Levels, Production Productivity, H&S Stats, OTIF (On-Time and In-Full delivery performance).
The Right Person
- Min. 5x GCSE incl. English & Maths,
- Prior experience working within a manufacturing environment in an administrative role is essential. Experience using CRM systems would be also be an advantage.
- Experience with the responsibilities listed above is preferable, but not essential… our client will also consider someone tenacious, confident and robust under pressure,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a large organisation,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting information to key stakeholders,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £19,000 – £20,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 23 Days + Bank Holidays
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11828) on 0116 254 9404.