12262 – Production Planner (FTC) Job Spec
Our client – a renowned manufacturer & consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Production Planner for a full-time 9-12-month maternity cover contract. The Production Planner is responsible for assisting in the efficiency of the production department to achieve daily production targets relating to performance, quality & health and safety. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Production planning using bill of materials and routing,
- Ownership of ERP and Monday.com production planning boards, working with relevant teams to ensure accuracy,
- Collating labour data for all departments within production, inputting onto ERP system,
- Assisting the Production Manager in data management / KPI monitoring to maintain business efficiencies,
- Support the production department with printing & collation of production orders, drawings & estimates,
- Raising purchase orders for product incl. raw materials, consumable stock & PPE in line with finance processes & budgets,
- Driving environmentally sustainable practices into day-to-day operations working within the ISO14001 framework,
- Maintaining H&S standards incl. creation of SOP’s and collation of COSHH information,
- Inputting data for stock takes,
- Co-ordinate temporary workers, complete inductions & log timesheets,
- Assisting HR with payroll for hourly-paid employees by authorising hours worked / logging absences & helping to resolve queries.
The Right Person
- Experience working within the manufacturing industry in an administrative / production planning capacity is essential,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Resilient, proactive, systematic and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Diplomacy and tact,
- Good numeracy skills,
- Effective communication skills.
- Appointment Type: Fixed-Term-Contract (Maternity Cover / 9-12-months)
- Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Hours: Full-Time
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12262) on 0116 254 9404.