Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Job Reference: 12088
- Date Posted: 29 April 2022
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
- Salary: £20,000 to £22,500
- Sector: Accountancy
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our Client - a well-established professional business based in Coalville - is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
* Assisting with daily Purchase Ledger process (stamping & inputting of invoices, matching, batching, coding etc) and query resolution (internal & external),
* Assist the Supervisor in control of payments to suppliers, ensuring maximum credit is taken whilst ensuring continuity of supply.
* Reconciliation of supplier statements, queries & discrepancies. Retain completed reconciliations,
* Reconcile & process BACS payments as per agreed timetable ensuring maximum settlement discounts are taken incl. issuing of remittance advice's by email
* Monitor expense procedures, company credit card expenditure
* Maintain supplier database
* Liaise with the wider business in a quick & effective manner in order to resolve outstanding queries
* Answering the telephone & resolving queries
* Provide information for other members of staff
* Adhoc duties related to the role
The Right Person
* Experience / background working in Purchase Ledger is essential,
* Effective communication skills & telephone manner is essential,
* Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
* Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
* Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook skills to an advanced standard.
* Appointment Type: Permanent
* Starting Salary: up to £20,000 to £22,500 per annum
* Hours: Full-Time (37.5hrs PW, 9:00am - 5:00pm / 30mins Lunch)
* Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
If you - or someone you might know - are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or contact Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12088)
If you - or someone you might know - are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE NOW or call us (quoting our 5-digit job reference) on +44 (0)116 254 9404. If you do not consent, please DO NOT apply to this vacancy.