12080a – Purchase Ledger Clerk Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our Client – a well-established distributer & retailer based in Leicester – is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Accounts Payables Clerk to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
- Assisting with daily Purchase Ledger process (stamping & inputting of invoices, matching, batching, coding etc) and query resolution (internal & external),
- Assist the Supervisor in control of payments to key suppliers, ensuring maximum credit is taken whilst ensuring continuity of supply. Intercompany payments, reconciliations & year-end reconciliations,
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, queries & discrepancies. Retain completed reconciliations,
- Reconcile & process BACS payments as per agreed timetable ensuring maximum settlement discounts are taken incl. issuing of remittance advices by email,
- Monitor expense procedures, controlling petty cash incl. company credit card expenditure,
- Set up & maintain supplier database, where necessary,
- Liaise with branches in a quick & effective manner in order to resolve outstanding queries,
- Answering the telephone & resolving queries,
- Provide information for other members of staff & regulatory bodies (including Auditors),
- Adhoc duties related to the role.
The Right Person
- Experience / background working in Purchase Ledger is essential,
- Effective communication skills & telephone manner is essential,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook skills to an advanced standard.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Starting Salary: £19,500 - £24,000 per annum
- Hours: Full-Time (37.5hrs)
- Holiday 24 Days + Bank Holidays
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12080a) on 0116 254 9404.