11754 – Purchase Ledger Clerk Job Spec
Location: Leicester / Remote Working
Our Client – a renowned organisation based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced AP / Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their finance team on a full-time permanent / temp-2-perm basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for accurately maintaining & allocating supplier accounts.
- For all allocated supplier accounts:
- Any received in Excel to be reconciled each month,
- Any top 20 to be reconciled monthly,
- Reconcile remainder every 90 days,
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure outstanding queries are resolved,
- Liaise with clients to ensure outstanding queries are repaid,
- Proactively work on debit notes over 90 days in order to achieve the team KPIs,
- Prepare analysis required for supplier meetings as required,
- Be able to present an overview of the organisation to suppliers in meetings,
- Analyse & identify improvements to transaction handing, working closely with the Finance team to implement these effectively,
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure that all regulatory requirements are met in an accurate / timely fashion,
- You will be expected to foster productive working relationships with colleagues, as well as developing / maintaining a good rapport with suppliers at all times,
- Any other related adhoc duties.
The Right Person
- Part-Qualified AAT or equivalent is preferred,
- A demonstrable background in a high-volume AP / purchase ledger environment,
- GCSE incl. Maths & English Grade A-C
- Experience using MS Navision would be advantageous,
- Strong IT skills, proficient with MS Excel,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision. Able to work effectively alongside a dynamic, fast-moving accounting team within a large organisation,
- Be an effective communicator with clients & staff,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent / Temp-2-Perm
- Salary: £21,000 per annum
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- 5% ERs / 5% EEs Pension
- The role is predominantly home-based (particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic), but you will on occasion be expected to go into the office on an adhoc basis.
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11754) on 0116 254 9404.