Purchase Ledger Senior/Team Leader
- Job Reference: 11519
- Date Posted: 5 February 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £22,000 to £24,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Ongoing
- Work Hours: Full Time
Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable/Data Entry Senior Team/Leader. My client, a prestigious organisation based in the city centre is looking to recruit an experienced candidate to join their team on an initial interim basis with the role becoming a full time Fixed Term Contract. Being immediately or on short notice, you will possess excellent communication skills and be able to focus on the key areas within the AP/Data entry team and assist the Purchase Payments Manager .
Your role will involve the following;
* Day to Day supervision of Accounts Payable and Data entry team
* To ensure Data entry team keeps within 3 working days of receipt of invoice to being registered
* To develop and produce monthly KPI's for Data entry team
* Number of invoices received
* Number of PDF invoices
* Number of Cloud Invoices
* To distribute the weekly register report to the team, and update notice boards with figures
* To focus the team on key areas, e.g old year invoices, coding, rejects especially at year end as directed by the Purchase Payments Manager
* Assist Manager with identification of areas of concerns and meet with team individually to discuss previous week's performance and understand any issues and escalate to the Purchase to Pay Manager where needed.
* To identify training gaps within the team and where needed provide to the team or source from external teams
* To be the first point of contact for queries from the team both from suppliers and also processing of invoices etc
* To liaise with departments regarding process 'blocks' and where needed attend meetings to seek resolution.
* Developing strong working relationships internally and externally
* To monitor the number of accounts on STOP and process any legal letters to prevent further action being taken.
* To include reconciliation of accounts etc.
* To investigate any discrepancies on the ledger and take corrective action when needed.
* To clear unallocated cash and credit notes and where needed obtain refunds.
* To process returned BACS, Cheques (until team are trained)
* To post Foreign Payments and CHAPS on ledger (team to produce paperwork)
My client may well consider those candidates who possess solid Team Leader/Supervisory experience but not necessarily within Accounts Payable.
In return, they offer a fast paced but excellent working environment within an established organisation. For further information, please contact us asap on 0116 2549404.