Recruitment Consultant Job Spec
Location: Leicester City Centre
We are looking to strengthen our team with the appointment of an experienced 360° Recruitment Consultant on a full-time permanent basis.
Since 1989, Paul Mitchell Associates has cultivated a sterling reputation as the preeminent recruitment specialists for Leicestershire and the surrounding counties.
Our signature brand of recruitment is lauded by Clients and Candidates alike, setting the benchmark for ethical recruitment that remains elusive to more conventional agencies.
From newcomers through to industry champions – we source candidates at all levels for permanent, interim & fixed-term-contract appointments across our five core divisions: Accountancy & Finance, Office, HR & Legal, Marketing & Sales, and Tech.
Our mantra of 'Your Agency For Life' extends beyond our Clients and Candidates.
Everything we do, we believe in challenging the status quo. We exist to inspire business minds to discover their place, people and potential – free from fear.
The way we challenge the status quo is by becoming the life-long companion and comfort of clients, candidates and employees.
We just happen to be a great recruitment agency.
We seek people who are bigger and smarter than ourselves. That’s how we grow as a company.
We work together, never against each other. Bullies need not apply. We are always on the lookout for people with big hearts, a sense of humour and enormous talent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying & developing effective client & candidate relationships
- Networking to build business information that can be converted into commercial opportunities
- Work with clients to assess & define their culture, reputation, vision, budget & timescale in order to identify the right fit of candidate, together with any obstacles / opportunities
- Market research & analysis
- Drafting job specifications & adverts for web & social media
- Source & shortlist prospective candidates from active & passive networks, extending searches to the open market. Maintaining candidate database, conduct candidate screening & GDPR
- Act as a sounding-board for candidates, offering CV, interview briefing & general career advice
- Managing the process through the interview to offer stage, and beyond
- Brokering negotiations between client & candidate on all matters (incl. salary / rate of pay) to ensure all mutual interests are satisfied
The Right Person
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A strong recruiting background with a proven track record in sales, networking and / or client development abilities
- We’re open minded on sector experience, but are especially keen to hear from candidates with a background in Accountancy & Finance, Office, HR & Legal, Marketing & Sales or Tech recruitment
- Good knowledge of the local recruitment market would be an advantage
- We actively encourage candidates to bring new ideas to the table
- A positive mental attitude, persistent & able to overcome objections
- Passionate with a desire to succeed & build a successful career
- Motivated to provide a first-class service for clients & candidates
- Excellent organisational & time management skills, comfortable with a fast-paced, target-driven environment, able to work under pressure to client deadlines
- Confident with excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Technically savvy… proficient with CRM systems & MS Office
- Full driving licence & own transport
What You'll Get
Access these benefits – and more – when you work for PMA:
- A supportive & friendly team environment
- Basic salary above market rate
- Simplified, uncapped bonus scheme – based on personal & team billings – that we know is highly competitive
- Fully expensed iPhone
- Free Perkbox login (access to over 3,000 benefits)
- Holiday – 25 days + bank holidays
- PLUS – an extra day-off for your Birthday
- Private healthcare / paid eye tests / dental
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Strictly 9:00am – 5:30pm… no unsociable hours!!
- Casual dress code (business attire when meeting clients)
- Flexible hours / ad-hoc remote working
- Training & professional development
- Free parking
- All the tea & coffee you can drink
Ready to Work with Us?